Insect repellant, closed shoes, and long pants are advised.
African Medicinal Walk (+-3kms)
Cost: R60 per person
Book at Reception:
- Our local expert will take you on an easy walk where you’ll learn about traditional uses of indigenous plants and trees. Starting at his nursery, he will share some history on cycads with you.
BIRDING at Grandpa’s Secret Garden(+-2kms)
Best time: @ 07:00
- Enjoy one of Mabuda’s best birding spots. Be sure to remember your bino’s!
- Commonly seen: Twinspot, Gorgeous Bush-Shrike, Yellow-Rumped Tinkerbird, Chinspot Batis, Black Sparrowhawk, Gymnogene, Grey Sunbird.
- Rare but seen: Lizard Buzzard, Green-backed Twinspot, Narina Trogon, African Emerald Cuckoo, African Broadbill.
BIRDING at the Lily Pond (+-3kms)
Best Time: @ 07:00am
- Spend some time around our wetland and ponds, where you can expect to see more water birds! Feel free to bring along refreshments to enjoy in the tranquil surroundings as you look out for birds!
Sunset stroll (+-3kms)
Leave @ 4:30pm
- Take a gentle stroll to our favourite sunset spot at “The Rocks”. Enjoy a drink with friends as the light fades over the lowveld below. If you’re feeling energetic, stroll along a nearby forested trail.